Friday, October 2, 2009

October 2, 2009 ENG 101 BLOG

Today we went to the library to learn about several new things. But before we went to the library today we had to complete the university libraries' walkabout. This assignment was composed with 3 pages as a exercise. The first section of the assignment takes you to the libraries' website. In this section you answer questions that relate to questions on the university library website. After you complete the first section you have to go the bracken library to complete section 2. Section 2 takes you all around bracken library, and you have to look up certain areas in the library and fill in the questions. When we arrived at the bracken library today we met my the naked lady statue. We then went up to the second floor and went in our own private room. In this room we had a tour guide person that explained several thing about the university libraries' website. He told us that the number 1 thing that we would use on the university libraries' website would be academic search premier. The academic search premier provides access to journal articles on a variety of subjects and contains full-text coverage. He told us to take notes when he was talking, due to the fact that all the information wasn't provided on the purple paper that he gave us. He told us to look for subject terms, as it is important when searching on the website. It was overall a good educational and interesting experience at the braken library. I feel like I learned a lot, and I will definetely take a look at this information when writing my next paper.

2 comments:

  1. Some great notes on what you learned, all of which will help for this class and many others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess too bad I did not do that. Sucks. Oh Well. Fun Times I bet. I'll have to do that sometime.

    ReplyDelete