Wednesday, September 2, 2009

ENG 101 BLOG September 2, 2009

This week in class we discussed numerous things varying from Beah's book to a rubric sheet. On monday we went over the google maps that were assigned on friday. We also discussed how to download ballpoint. We were then assigned to read Beah's first four chapters. On wednesday we went over the first four chapter's of Beah's book. Taylor and Cassidy presented us with a video on youtube called boy soldier. They felt that the video related to the gory details that were presented with the book, and the suffering that occurs during war from the rebels. They then presented us with a question. The question was "how would you feel at age 11 if you had to deal with the rebels". You could either write about the video or write about the book. I chose the book, I discussed that I would be shell shocked and would not be able to handle all that mayhem. I said that I would not be able to sleep at all, and I would be paranoid all day and night. We then discussed the details about when Beah was dreaming about pushing a wheelbarrow with a man. The thing though was that it was actually himself in the white sheets. We then went over the BSU Writing Grading Continuum. We were assigned to highlight where we felt we were on the chart and write a paragraph on why we would grade ourselves the way we did.

1 comment:

  1. Good notes. I'd like to know a little more about what you think about one of the activities.

    ReplyDelete