Wednesday, September 9, 2009

ENG 101 BLOG September 9, 2009

I read several fallacy's on snopes.com. My first article I read said that Starbucks didn't support the war. Some marine supposedely sent a letter to Starbucks asking for free cofee. Starbucks then responded to the letter according to the man. The man said that Starbuck doesn't respect the war. You know that Starbucks would never write a letter saying they don't support the war. The article also pointed out that the marines asked for free coffee and Starbucks refused that. I'm sure starbucks would be proud to give some free coffee or at least coupons to the marines. The marine reported that Starbuck sent them nothing in return and told him that they didn't support him in any way, which is a complete fallacy. Another story was about a girl who was being pulled over by an unmarked car behind her. The story said that she called *77 to call to make sure an officer was behind her. Well she finds out that it was a convicted rapist behind her. The fallacy in the story if you call *77 that doesn't auctomatically connect you to a police agency, depending on your location. The story said that *77 connects you to a police department reguardless of your location, but that is not true, not every state has that feature.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for doing the research on snopes. I use that site a lot to check out stuff that people email to me.

    ReplyDelete