Friday, November 13, 2009
November 13, 2009 ENG 101 BLOG
When I first look at the paper I see many things that stand out. When I think about scoring the paper on the National Writing Project holistic rubric I think about how the paper is written. I think the paper would be scored a 5. The paper is written extremely well, and there are so many bright spots in the paper. The lady ties in her paper very well with her experiences in Brazil with her everyday life. The woman also has a very nice flow to her paper. The paper is very easy to read, but still serves an academic composition. The paper is nicely ordered with her travels year from year. When I look at the images I think there are placed in the perfect place. There not necessarily right after they talk about it, but they keep you focused on the paper, and keeps you in a rythem of the paper. One is placed on the second page, which is the perfect place for your starting image, because it keeps you thinking about the paper right off the start, and keeps you from losing paper shortly into the paper. Then the second image is on the 5th paper. This is vitale because it keeps you on track to finish the whole paper, and keep you thinking about the end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
If I understand, you are saying the writer's positioning of the photos helped pull you through the paper. This is a an excellent point about one of the functions of images used with text.
ReplyDelete